• Sauce pan
• Spoon for mixing and cooking.
• 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
• 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
• shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
• 1 tablespoon olive oil.
• 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 4 green onions, thinly sliced.
1. Place stock and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Add brown onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and rice.
5. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
6. Reduce heat to low. Add 1 ladle stock mixture to rice. Cook, stirring, until liquid has absorbed.
7. Repeat with remaining stock mixture, 1 ladle at a time.
8. Stir in grated parmesan and green onion. Stand for 2 minutes. Serve with shaved parmesan.