• Steamer or Sauce pan for Chinese chicken dimsums
For the casing –
All-purpose flour – 1 cup + extra for dusting
Boiling water – ⅔ cup
Salt to taste
For the filling –
Chicken mince – 250 gms
Light soy sauce -1 tbsp
Carrot – 1, small, finely minced
Garlic – 6 cloves, minced
Green onion – 2, finely chopped
Leeks – 1, finely chopped (optional).
Dipping Sauce vegetables
Light soy sauce – 4 tbsp
Red chillies – 2 – 3
Sesame oil – ½ tsp
Chopped spring onion greens – 1 tbsp for Chinese chicken dimsums.
1. First make the dough. In a large bowl mix the flour and salt. Now add boiling water gradually and start mixing it using a wooden spoon.
2. When the dough becomes cool enough to handle, start kneading it with hand.
3. Add some dry flour if it gets sticky and continue kneading until it becomes soft.
4. Cover it with a damp kitchen towel and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Next prepare the filling.
5. Add chicken mince, chopped carrots, chopped leeks, minced garlic and chopped green onion in a large bowl and mix them together with a light hand. Season with soy sauce, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
Now it’s time to make the casing for Chinese chicken dimsums
6. Take the dough and knead it again. Take small ball of dough of about 1 inch diameter. Roll it into a thin round disc of about 2 inches diameter and about ¼ centimeter thick. Make sure the casing is thin, else it will not cook thoroughly and will not let the chicken cook evenly.
Now let’s stuff the dim sum.
7. Take about a tablespoon of the chicken filling and place the filling in the center of the disc. Now shape the dim sum by squeezing the sides of dough disc.
8. Once all the dim sums are shaped, steam them on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep the steamer covered during steaming.
(If you don’t have a steamer, boil water in a sauce pan and place a stainless steel sieve or colander over it. Cover the sieve with some cabbage leaves and place the dim sums on top. Cover with a lid and start steaming.) for Chinese chicken dimsums.
9. While the dim sums are steaming, make the dipping sauce by mixing the light soy sauce, spring greens, finely chopped red chilles and sesame oil. Whisk them thoroughly and reserve until serving.
10. After the dim sums are thoroughly cooked (you can check by inserting a toothpick in the center of a dim sum and it should come out clean) for Chinese chicken dimsums.
11. Take them out and garnish with greens of spring onions. Serve the hot chicken dim sum along with Soy chilli dipping sauce.
ZebraHOW is a social media Magazine, We tend to educate people with the latest happenings round the globe. ZebraHOW is a medium to answer people with their common questions. ZebraHOW is a unique connection who understand the Values, Culture, Trending, Lifestyle, Technology and many other categories to define what is the actual meaning of Real Life.